As a Pet Friendly Destination, we are happy to welcome your special family member (AKA your pets) at Marasca, in our accommodation type Home Haven Villa (Pet-friendly). No matter their size, weight or breed. However, every rule has its exceptions, unfortunately we can not accommodate untamed and untrained animals or those that may be poisonous or dangerous by nature. This includes cobras, frogs, spiders, monkeys and you name it.
WHICH AREAS ARE MY PETS ALLOWED?
- Pet-Friendly Home Haven Villa is the only accommodation type designated for your furry friends.
- Sharing our community common space, we provide designated pet areas including the ground floor of Tree Top: tea house & farmer’s Cafe, Homegrown vegetable garden and The Meadow. Pets are to be accompanied, leashed and supervised within Marasca premises at all times.
- To refrain pets from accidentally taking a sip of your delicious drink or burning their lovely tail, we have a “NO PET” policy at the 2nd Floor of our Tree Top tea house & farmer’s café as well as the Stardeck. Pets are not allowed on the furniture and table tops, as well as not to chew or claw on our décor. We also hope you understand that your pets CANNOT enter the Playscape, our playground area.
WILL I GET CHARGED IF I BRING MY PETS TO MARASCA?
- Your first pet is absolutely free-of-charge! (Weight 0-7 kilograms)
- You additional pets will be charged at THB 1,500/ per pet/ per night (Weight 0-14 kilograms)
- Any pets weight above 15 kilograms will have an additional charge of THB 2,500/per pet/ per night
THE BASIC RULES – DO NOT LEAVE YOUR PETS UNATTENDED:
- We understand that pets are curious and explorers by nature, however, please keep them close to you. The simple rule is to keep them on a leash at all times, or within a stroller or baby carrier. Even cuter and better if you let them ride in your handbag. Extended leashes are prohibited.
- Leashes can be borrowed via our ‘Marasca by you’ service with a cash deposit of THB 500.- at our Tree Top tea house & farmer’s café.
- Please do not leave your pet unattended. If you require a pet-sitter or pet supplies kindly contact our M-Service Team with advance notice.
- Excessive or loud barking may be disruptive, so please soothe your friend in these stressful situations and reduce their noise level as much as possible. While it’s understandable that pets may be moody and stressful in an unfamiliar environment, we would also like to ensure the safety and comfort of our staff and guests. Please accept our apologies if we ask you to put your pet in time-out or leave the public/ our common area’s when they show aggression.
DO MY PETS NEED TO BE POTTY-TRAINED?
- In providing a safe haven for guests and pets alike, please be mindful that your special friend is potty-trained. Unexpected incidents happen, we hear you. The pet diapers and pet pee pads are encouraged for this matter. Both items are available to purchase at our Tree Top tea house & farmer’s Café, to avoid the cleaning fee at THB 1,000.- per time.
- Our team put a lot of hard work & love in our beautiful garden & landscape. When your pets want to relieve themselves, kindly direct them to our designated pet toilet area and clean up after them for everyone’s comfort and hygiene (including our Pet Friendly Accommodations).
PET-FRIENDLY SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES:
- Your furry friend isn’t the only small special guest on the property, because we are a family-friendly resort, please be mindful that we will have children running around, playing with balls, riding bicycles and scooters. To encourage a happy, safe and enjoyable time for everyone, please be mindful of a little social distancing and ensure your pet is leashed & supervised when strolling in Marasca Public Area.
- Social distancing also applies to our little friends as some pets may be intimated at the paws of another pet. The last thing we want is for your little friends to get in a fight or one to be too terrified to leave the house again. As a pet owner you are responsible for any damages or injuries caused by your pet. TIP; consider bringing that cat scratcher or dog muzzle if he or she bites.
TIPS ABOUT NATURE & WILDLIFE IN KHAO YAI:
- Marasca Khao Yai is a nature resort settled in beautifully crafted landscape with a water reservoir. With this nature, there might be encounters between your furry friends and wild animals such as snakes, land rats, elephants, birds and so on. We are confident that you are able to handle and assist your pet with such encounters. As Marasca will NOT take any responsibility for any injuries or accidents that may happen to your pet by such encounters or the reservoir.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING FOR MY PET?
- Come prepared! Water is just as essential as food and treats, so please bring your pet’s preferred water bowls to keep them well and hydrated.
- While you believe your pet is the best buddy & most friendly animal in the world, others might need some time to trust.
Please contact our M-Service Team or via My Marasca Application to arrange for a convenient time for servicing your room.
Thank you for your kind understanding and acknowledgement of our Pet Friendly Policy. We hope you and your furry friend(s) will have a great time at Marasca Khao Yai 🙂